Proof of WMD in Iraq – Iraqi Documents Translated
Posted by Admin on June 17, 2006
To my liberal friends:
Please… put away your "Bush Lied" signs, stop shouting, take a deep breath, and please listen to this…
One of the major dividing points in this war comes over the issue of WMDs. The left claims Bush lied about Saddam having these types of chemical weapons and such, the right claims they are still there.
Mounting evidence has come to light following the fall of Saddam's regime that confirm Bush's (and other politicians — both Republican and Democrat) beliefs in the existence of WMDs within Iraq under Sadaam's control, as well as his ability to either acquire said weapons and/or produce them himself. However, not many people know about any existence of such proof.
Here is the latest evidence that has come to light regarding the existence of WMDs in Iraq:
It appears from documents that have been released(.pdf FILE) by the Pentagon and then translated into English, that within Iraq there is — at this moment — a cache of chemical weapons buried in the sands somewhere in the vicinity of Falluja.
Joseph Shahda, known on FreeRepublic as 'JVeritas' is an arabic speaking American who has devoted his time to translating arabic documents for the public, journalists and others. He has traslated and made available some important documents and has put them up on his blog; . He has also made his work available on the conservative forum; FreeRepublic.com which is where I first ran across this information.
The most recent document Mr. Shahda has translated and made available is a communication dated September 15, 2002 from General Mooshen Abdel Karim Mahmood of the Saddam Feedayeens to his Supervisor; Uday Saddam Hussein.
In it General Mahmood lists the following points:
- A team from the Military Industrialization Commission when Hussein Kamel Hussein was conducting his responsibilities did bury a large container said that it contains a Chemical Material in the village (Al Subbayhat) part of the district of Karma in Fallujah in a quarry region that was used by SamSung Korean company and close to the homes of some citizens.
- The container was buried using a fleet of concrete mixers
- Before the departure of the international inspectors in 1998 a United Nations helicopter flew over the region for two hours.
- A large number of the region residents know about this container from the large number of machines used to hide it then.
- It was noticed a non ordinary smell in the region.
- No official visited the burial site through out the years which give the impression that it is not currently known by the Military Industrialization Commission.
- Positions for the air defense were digged in the region that surrounds the quarry place without them knowing anything about the container. Also next to it are important headquarters like (Saddam factories-The warehouses of the Commerce ministry- Headquarters of Mujaheeden Khlaq).
Again it appears that the claims of WMDs might not have been that far off as the left claims.
Now, I think the above information should be something that the majority of Americans have in their base of knowledge. I can't help but wonder why most Major and Cable Network News stations are not reporting this information to the American people. Some of the evidence being found is proving that Bush and many other prominent politicians – both Republican AND Democrat – were not misjudging the situation when they believed Saddam possessed these weapons, and the ability to acquire and/or produce them. (Some of the other evidence has touched on the subject of Saddam's involvement with Terror Groups — but I won't discuss that right now. see here)
As to how this information will be viewed by political "diehards"… For Republicans, it bolsters their position for the war obviously. However, there is an upside to these documents coming forth for the Democrats as well because it can lay to rest the WMD discussion and help them focus on the other reasons that this war came about. And, understanding why this war came about will help prevent future wars over similar situations from occurring. It will help to give some meaning to the loss of life, it will prevent future loss of life – for the soldiers, and for the innocent people that always suffer in any form of conflict.
I hope some liberals try to back off the hatred for a second and understand that this means the still IS WMD somewhere in Iraq – buried. And that fact that it could be affecting the health of the innocent in Iraq, or could become a hazardous threat sometime in the future. I hope they don't let their fanatic insistence that "Bush Lied about WMDs" cloud their judgement when it comes to taking this information seriously and helping the Iraqi government figure out where the WMD is, and how to neutralize any existing or potential threat that may be involved. That's part of the reason we still have our soldiers over there — please, let them finish their mission so we don't have to worry about coming to their aid for some reason in the future when it may perhaps be harder for us to assist.
- FreeRepublic Thread posted by Joseph Shahda; 2002 Document: Chemical Material Hidden Underground (Translation)
- Document: ISGQ-2003-00004530 (.pdf file) from the Pentagon/FMSO website: Iraqi Pre-War documents.
- List of documents that have been translated so far by Joseph Shahda available on his FreeRepublic profile page: Translated Pre-War Iraq Docs – JVeritas
Media & Blog Coverage:
Memo reportedly shows location of WMD – Text from Saddam regime describes burial to hide from inspectors – World Net Daily – US – June 10, 2006
Bush Did Not Lie – by Janet Levy @ Front Page Magazine – June 16, 2006
Since the invasion of Iraq, a great deal of evidence has accumulated about Saddam’s possession of WMD’s and his close ties to Al Qaeda. Many such reports have not been covered by the mainstream media and have been available primarily from talk radio, conservative publications and online sources. The evidence is substantive and warrants careful study and wide exposure.
What Happened to Those Chemical Weapons? – PowerLine Blog – June 7, 2006
Of WMD, Lies and Democrats! – Whizbang! – June 14, 2006
[Quotes from Democrats about the existence of WMDs in Iraq.]
Since we haven't found WMD in Iraq, a lot of the anti-war/anti-Bush crowd is saying that the Bush administration lied about Iraq's weapons of mass destruction. Well, if they're going to claim that the Bush administration lied, then there sure are a lot of other people, including quite a few prominent Democrats, who have told the same "lies" since the inspectors pulled out of Iraq in 1998. Here are just a few examples that prove that the Bush administration didn't lie about weapons of mass destruction…